Chicken Tortilla Pie
This tortilla pie is made with chicken, black beans and corn, using a spring-form pan to layer it all together. It’s supremely tasty. Plus, you can spice it up as much as you like!
- 1 1⁄2 pounds fresh chicken breast fillets or tenderloins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 Mission® Flour Burrito Tortillas
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) Kroger® Black Beans, drained and rinsed, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons prepared taco seasoning
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups finely shredded Mexican cheese, divided
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) sweet corn, drained, divided
- Fresh salsa, cilantro, green onion and sour cream, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Sprinkle chicken on all sides with taco seasoning.
- Add oil to a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken on both sides until juices run clear, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from pan and slice into ¾” pieces.
- Spray bottom and sides of a 10” spring-form pan with cooking spray. Place a tortilla on the bottom and sprinkle with cheese. Add chicken, black beans, corn and sprinkle with a little more cheese. Repeat these layers two more times, ending with a tortilla on top. Spray the top tortilla with cooking spray.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes before unmolding the spring-form pan and slicing the pie. Serve with your garnish of choice.