Serve these tostadas with salsa and your favorite hot sauce.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 small white onion, peeled and diced
- 8 tostada shells, toasted
- 16 oz. refried beans, warmed
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- In a bowl, combine the ground chicken with the salt, pepper, cumin, and chili powder. Let stand for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Heat a wok or skillet over medium-high heat and add the oil. When the oil is hot, add in the garlic and onions. Cook for 3–4 minutes, until softened.
- Add the chicken. Cook the chicken, stirring and crumbling up the meat until there is no trace of pink—about 3–4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the mixture to a large plate.
- Spread 2 ounces refried beans in an even layer on top of a tostada shell. Place several spoonfuls of the chicken mixture over the beans and top with the lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese. Repeat with the remaining shells. Serve warm.