Chicken and Vegetable Frittata
Eggs and chicken make this satisfying one-pot meal high in protein.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 tsp. butter
- 3 small shallots, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 8 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 12 asparagus spears, chopped into 1" pieces
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a sqare or round casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat and sauté shallots and garlic until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan with shallots and garlic and sauté until chicken is cooked, about 8 minutes. Stir in zucchini and asparagus and sauté 2 minutes until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Pour chicken mixture into the prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and Parmesan cheese and pour over contents in the dish.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes, until eggs are set and just starting to brown.