Chicken Vegetable Soup
This soup is healthy and filling without a lot of calories. It’s also a very frugal recipe, using ingredients you probably have in your pantry right now.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 8 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 1 can (14½ oz.) Italian-seasoned diced tomatoes
- 1 can (14½ oz.) low-sodium mixed vegetables
- 1 can (14½ oz.) low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 can (10 oz.) chunk chicken, drained
- Spray a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with nonstick olive oil cooking spray.
- Place onions in a small glass or microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and cook on high for 1–2 minutes until onions are soft.
- Add softened onions, tomatoes, mixed vegetables, chicken broth, and potatoes to prepared slow cooker. Cook on low for 7½ hours.
- Add chicken to the slow cooker. Cook 30 minutes more.