Chicken and Vegetable Stir-Fry
Add some extra punch to this dish by topping it with toasted sesame seeds, slivered almonds, or cashews.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup water
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. peanut oil
- 12 oz. skinless, boneless chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 package (1 lb.) frozen broccoli stir-fry mix, thawed
- 1 medium yellow sweet pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, make the sauce by stirring together the water, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, cornstarch, ginger, and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Add the peanut oil to a wok or large skillet and bring to temperature over medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces and stir-fry for 5 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Push the chicken to the edges of the pan; add the stir-fry mix and pepper strips and stir-fry for 3 minutes, or until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Push the chicken and vegetables away from the center of pan. Pour the sauce mixture into the center of pan; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir the sauce into the chicken and vegetables. Serve over rice.