Chicken Veggie Tacos
This will surprise people who expect tacos to be made of beef. You could also substitute fish for the chicken for a California taco.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small red onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 8 crisp taco shells
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and jalapeño pepper; cook and stir for 4 minutes. Add chicken and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and oregano. Cook and stir for 8–10 minutes until chicken is almost cooked.
- Add lime juice; cook and stir for 3–4 minutes longer until chicken is tender. Remove from heat. Heat taco shells as directed on package. Make tacos with chicken mixture, lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese.