Chicken Wings in Honey-Garlic Sauce
These wings make a great appetizer. Start this dish a day before you plan to serve it to allow time to marinate the chicken. Serve with lots of napkins!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 day 1 hour 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 lbs. chicken wings
- ½ tsp. coarse salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Arrange chicken wings in a medium baking dish.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine garlic, honey, soy sauce, lemon juice, vinegar, and brown sugar and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, stirring until sugar dissolves and marinade thickens, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let marinade cool for 15 minutes before pouring it over chicken wings. Turn wings to coat. Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 24 hours before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake the wings, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Turn wings with tongs and bake for 30 minutes longer. Baste with marinade in bottom of pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for another 20–30 minutes or until chicken wings are golden and thoroughly cooked. Serve immediately.