Marinated chicken wings can be frozen for later use. When frying frozen wings, add 1 minute to the frying time.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 6 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 lb. chicken wings
- 4 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. plus 2 cups vegetable oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp. minced cilantro
- 2 tsp. crushed black peppercorns
- 1 tsp. red chili pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1⁄4 cup rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup sweet chili sauce
- In a bowl, toss chicken wings with soy sauce, sugar, salt, 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, cilantro, peppercorns, chili flakes, and garlic. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade and toss in the rice flour. Shake excess rice flour off of the chicken wings.
- Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan to 350°F. Deep-fry wings for 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels and serve with sweet chili sauce.