Chicken with Curry and Apricot Sauce
This dish has a sweet taste and the apricot preserves add a nice texture to the sauce.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (5 oz. each), cut into 2" pieces
- ½ tsp. seasoned salt
- ½ tsp. lemon pepper
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 cup apricot jam
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt, at room temperature
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Rinse the chicken under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels. Season the chicken with salt and lemon pepper. Heat the oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken until lightly browned, about 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate and tent with tinfoil to keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add the red onion. Cook until soft, about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and stir to combine. Add the broth, curry powder, and apricot jam; bring to a simmer and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the pan and cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Off heat, stir in the yogurt to warm through. Ladle chicken and sauce into bowls and serve, garnishing with cilantro.