Chicken with Portobello Mushrooms and Roasted Garlic
Serve this with a whole-grain side dish such as quinoa or brown rice.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 oz. each)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. roasted garlic paste
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced
- ½ tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet; brown chicken breasts on both sides over medium heat, about 5 minutes per side. Add chicken broth and roasted garlic paste to pan; cover and simmer on low 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sauté mushrooms and thyme in butter in separate, smaller saucepan. Simmer 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and thyme mixture to the chicken and simmer for an additional 2 minutes.
- When serving, top each chicken breast with sauce.