Chicken with Yogurt
You don’t need to use a whole chicken for this recipe; drumsticks, thighs, and breasts can all be used exclusively or in combination.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 whole chicken (4 lbs.)
- 3 medium lemons
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. whole milk
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- 2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash chicken well inside and out and pat dry with paper towel. Cut chicken into sections. Cut 2 lemons in half and cut the remaining lemon into wedges. Rub chicken parts vigorously with lemon halves and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place pieces in colander; let stand 1 hour.
- Place yogurt in mixing bowl. Add milk and mint; mix well with whisk until smooth.
- Dip each piece of chicken into yogurt mix then cover entirely with good sprinkling of breadcrumbs. Place on greased roasting pan; drizzle melted butter over top.
- Bake about 1 hour, until chicken pieces are golden brown. Serve with lemon wedges.