Satisfy your cravings with these homemade vegetarian chickpea patties, piled high with all your favorite burger toppings.
Serves: 6Prep: 15 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cans (15.5 oz.) Garbanzo Beans Chick-Peas, drained and rinsed
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 green onions, tops removed and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 tablespoons avocado oil mayonnaise
- 6 slices tomato
- 6 slices lettuce
- 12 slices avocado
- 6 slices white cheddar cheese
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper; brush with about 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- In food processor, combine chickpeas, eggs, onion, garlic, breadcrumbs and sea salt. Process until smooth.
- In large bowl, combine chickpea mixture, green onions and parsley; mix well.
- Brush hands with about 1 tablespoon olive oil. Using your hands, form mixture into 6 evenly-sized patties; arrange on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, until burgers are firm and internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- On bottom buns, spread 1 tablespoon avocado oil mayonnaise each. Layer on lettuce, tomato, chickpea patty, cheese, 3 avocado slices and top of bun.