Serve this curry with brown rice and your favorite vegetables for a complete vegetarian meal.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) light coconut milk
- 2 cans (14.5 oz.) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a 3-quart Dutch oven. When hot, add the onion, garlic, ginger, curry powder, and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and beginning to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk, chickpeas, tomatoes, and brown sugar and bring to a simmer. Cover and bake until the flavors have blended and the chickpeas are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Stir in the cilantro just before serving.