Chickpea Flour Pancakes
For a lighter pancake, separate the eggs and beat the whites stiffly. These pancakes are great with mashed fresh peaches, strawberries, and/or blueberries.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ Tbsp. butter, melted, plus more for frying
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 cup chickpea flour (or substitute corn, rice, or tapioca flour)
- 1 cup maple syrup
- In the bowl of a food processor, whirl all of the liquid ingredients. Slowly add the baking powder and flour.
- Heat griddle pan or large frying pan to medium. Drop a teaspoon of butter on it and when the butter sizzles, start pouring on the batter to about 2" in diameter.
- When bubbles come to the top, turn the pancakes and continue to fry until golden brown. Place on a plate in a warm oven to keep warm while you make the others. Serve with maple syrup.