Load up on rich, satisfying flavors and clean carbohydrates, protein, and fiber with this clean vegetarian chickpea patty.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 slices sprouted grain bread
- 1 lb. chickpeas (soaked and drained)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- In a large sauté pan, sauté the teaspoon of olive oil, mushrooms, onions, and minced garlic until soft and cooked through, about 5–7 minutes. Move from the skillet to a mixing bowl, and save skillet for cooking the completed patties.
- In a food processor, reduce the bread slices to fine crumbs and move to the mixing bowl. Add the tablespoon of olive oil, garbanzo beans, and eggs to the food processor and blend well. Move to the mixing bowl. Add the sautéed vegetables to the crumbs and bean mix, and thoroughly combine all ingredients with the seasonings.
- Bring the skillet back to medium heat, and spray with olive oil spray.
- Form the mix into 4 patties and set into the preheated skillet. Cook for 4–6 minutes on each side, until cooked through.