Chickpea Shawarma Dip
This Mediterranean-inspired dip is sure to be a crowd pleaser. The roasted chickpeas are a delicious addition to store-bought hummus.
Serves: 8Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 tsp. coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1⁄2 tsp. cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp. turmeric
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 container (16 oz.) hummus
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. fresh dill
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Pita bread, to serve, if desired
- Fresh veggies, to serve, if desired
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a bowl, combine chickpeas, avocado oil, coconut sugar, paprika, cumin, turmeric and oregano. Spread on prepared baking sheet. Bake 20-22 minutes, until deep golden brown. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine hummus, lemon juice, dill and garlic.
- Spoon chickpeas over hummus mixture and serve with pita bread or fresh veggies, if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.