Chickpea Soup with Cumin
You can substitute 2 cloves of minced garlic for the garlic powder. Sauté the garlic for about 3 minutes on a lightly oiled skillet.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cans (15½ oz.) chickpeas
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 2½ cups chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- In a saucepan or soup pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Slowly add the garlic, chickpeas, broth, cumin, and pepper, stirring. Heat to near boiling, then remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Using a blender or food processor, purée the mixture. Return to pot and reheat for 5 minutes, stirring in the lemon juice just before serving.