Youʼll need to start this dish one day in advance. Serve on a bed of rice or pasta. Also, donʼt forget to serve bread for dipping!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 large potato, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 cup dried chickpeas, soaked overnight, drained and rinsed
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic; sauté for 2 to 3 minutes or until the onion is translucent. Be sure not to let the garlic brown.
- Add the stock, tomatoes, carrots, potato, chickpeas, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 1 hour or until the chickpeas are tender. Serve hot.