“Chik’n” Broccoli Mac and Cheese
Crispy “chik’n” and fresh broccoli come together in this modern take on a classic mac dish!
Serves: 6Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 (10.5 oz.) package(s) Morningstar Veggie Classic Chik'n Nuggets
- 1 (16 oz.) box Macaroni, uncooked
- 1 pound broccoli florets, roughly chopped
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups skim milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt, more or less to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, more or less to taste
- Heaping ½ cup shredded asiago
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cheddar cheese (optional topping)
- Panko bread crumbs (optional topping)
- Salt (optional topping)
- Bake Morningstar Veggie Classic Chik'n Nuggets according to package directions. Cut cooked chik’n into bite sized pieces. Set aside.
- Place Macaroni, broccoli, broth, milk, butter, salt, garlic powder and pepper into a large stockpot.
- Bring mixture to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Simmer for 5-10 minutes, or until pasta is cooked to your liking, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, and stir in asiago, cheddar and chik’n; keep stirring until cheese has fully melted.
- Taste and re-season, if necessary. Serve!
- Optional - place mac and cheese into individual greased ramekins (or a greased 9x13” pan), sprinkle with more cheese, panko, spray with cooking spray, and bake in at 375°F for 10 minutes or until mixture is hot and panko is golden brown.