Chilaquiles are a great, easy way to use up extra salsa and tortillas you might have around the house. Add a couple of fried eggs on top for a savory breakfast.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 8 corn tortillas, each cut into eight triangles
- ½ medium onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 medium radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ large avocado, peeled, seeded, and diced
- ½ cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- Heat the oil in skillet. Add the tortilla pieces and fry until they start to turn light brown. Add the onions and salt and sauté 3–4 minutes, until the onions are soft and beginning to brown.
- Turn the heat down and add the chicken and salsa. Stir well so that all the tortillas soak up some of the salsa. Continue cooking until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer chilaquiles to a plate and top with sliced radishes, avocado, cheese and cilantro.