Chile Buffalo Wings
These wonderfully spiced chicken wings get a kick of heat from buffalo sauce made with green chiles!
Serves: 12Prep: 15 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 pounds fresh chicken wings
- 2 cans (4 oz.) diced green chiles, drained
- 1⁄3 cup Franks® Red Hot Wings Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- Blue cheese dressing, for serving
- Ranch dressing, for serving
- Celery sticks, for serving
- Heat oven to 450°F. Line a large rimmed sheet pan with foil; place a large rectangular wire rack on top; spray both with cooking spray.
- In large resealable plastic bag, mix flour, chili powder, cumin and salt. Add chicken; seal bag and toss until chicken is evenly coated. Place chicken pieces in a single layer on rack; discard flour mixture.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is browned and internal temperature is at least 165°F; turning over halfway through cooking time. Remove from oven; place chicken in large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a 2-quart saucepan cook the chiles, hot sauce and butter over medium heat until butter is melted, stirring occasionally. Pour half the chile sauce over the wings, toss to combine. Reserve remaining sauce for dipping.
- Serve chicken wings with blue cheese dressing, ranch dressing, celery sticks and reserved chile sauce.