Chili Beef Burgers
Save to My Recipes
These burgers pack a lot of flavor! You can make these with more beef and no beans, but the beans make them interesting. These are super for parties.
Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 40 minutes
- 2 lbs. extra-lean ground beef
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 can (15 oz.) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2½ cups water
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2½ Tbsp. prepared yellow mustard
- 4 tsp. light brown sugar, packed
- 2½ Tbsp. chili powder
- ⅛ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 6 large hamburger buns or similar rolls, split
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef with onion and bell peppers. Drain off excess fat. Stir in beans.
- Combine water, ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Blend well, then add to beef and bean mixture. Simmer until thickened. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Toast split buns if desired. Spoon beef and bean mixture over split buns.