Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 tsp. bourbon
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp. no-salt-added tomato paste
- 1⁄4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1⁄8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 tsp. chili powder
- 1⁄8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 3 lbs. chicken legs and thighs
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Mix together all ingredients except chicken to make a paste.
- Wash chicken pieces under cold running water. Pat dry with a paper towel. Carefully pull back the skin, using the tip of a boning knife, if necessary, to loosen the membrane under the skin from the meat. Evenly rub the seasoning paste directly on the meat. Pull the skin back to cover the meat. Place a roasting rack inside a roasting pan and treat with nonstick spray. Arrange the chicken pieces on the rack so that they aren’t touching.
- Bake until the juices run clear—about 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow the meat to rest on the rack for 10 minutes. Serve immediately.