Chili Lemon Brussels Sprouts
These Brussels sprouts are tart with the slightest hint of earthy spice. They’re perfect for a chilly night.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, seasoning with salt and pepper. Add Brussels sprouts cut-side down. Cook undisturbed until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Turn Brussels sprouts so that the browned side is up. Gently pour in chicken broth, and reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in lemon juice, chili powder, and cumin.
- Simmer 10 minutes or until sauce has mostly been absorbed. Serve immediately.