Chili Lime Bean Dip
Canned refried beans can be a little boring, but this recipe gives them some zip and zing thanks to lime juice and Tex-Mex spices. If you have time, make this a day ahead so the flavors can develop.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (15 oz.) vegetarian refried beans
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1⁄2 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 tsp. chili powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- In a medium bowl add the refried beans and mix with a spoon until smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat add the butter. Once it melts, add the onion and cook until tender, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the remaining ingredients and cook for 1 minute, then add the beans and stir to combine and heat through. Serve warm.