Chili Mac and Cheese
Feel free to substitute ground turkey or chicken to make this dish a little healthier.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 packet chili seasoning
- 1 jar (24 oz.) prepared pasta sauce
- 1 box (16 oz.) elbow macaroni, cooked
- 1 can (11 oz.) Mexican corn
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add olive oil to a heavy bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté for 5 minutes. Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 6 to 8 minutes. Add salt, tomatoes, chili seasoning, and pasta sauce. Stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place pasta in a large bowl. Stir in corn and 1 1⁄2 cups cheese. Once combined, stir in the chili mixture. Pour into a large, deep casserole dish and top with remaining cheese. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and serve topped with cilantro.