Chili Mac is a definite Mexican-American hybrid. Ground beef, kidney beans, and macaroni are all simmered together in a spicy tomato sauce to make a hearty and easy dinner ready in about 30 minutes.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (14 oz.) tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
- 1 can (10 oz.) condensed tomato soup
- 2 Tbsp. Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 tsp. ground red chili powder
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 can (15 oz.) kidney beans, drained
- ¾ cup water
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- In large skillet, brown ground beef with onion and garlic; drain well if necessary. Add green pepper and cook for another 2–3 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients except cheese and bring to a boil. Cover pan, reduce heat, and simmer for 15–20 minutes until macaroni is tender.
- Leave in skillet and sprinkle with Cheddar cheese; cover pan and let stand for 3–4 minutes until cheese melts.