Chili Maple Chicken Wings
Sweet and spicy chicken wings are great for game day or a party. The maple and Thai sweet chili sauce create a sticky glaze on these wings as they bake.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 5 hours 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. hot sauce
- 3 lbs. chicken wingettes and drumettes
- Combine the maple syrup, chili sauce, soy sauce, and hot sauce in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Reserve 1⁄2 cup of the mixture in a separate bowl. Add the wings and toss to coat. Cover with plastic and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, top it with a metal cooling rack, and spray the rack with nonstick cooking spray.
- Drain the wings then arrange them on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 50 minutes, basting the wings every 5 minutes with the reserved marinade during the last 20 minutes of cooking. The wings are ready when they reach an internal temperature of at least 165°F and they are browned and the glaze is sticky.
- Cool 5 minutes before serving.