Chili Rubbed Steak Tacos
Load these tacos with spice-rubbed steak slices and lots of toppings for a satisfyingly salty crunchy or soft taco. If serving guests, have them join in the fun by prepping and getting all the toppings ready for indulging.
Serves: 6Prep: 20 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 50 minutes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds top sirloin steak, about 1” thick
- 12 small tortillas, 5-6” diameter
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 3 cups favorite prepared salsa
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- Combine the rub ingredients in a small bowl.
- Rub one side of steak with half the rub mixture. Allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- While the steak is sitting, prepare the grill for high heat.
- Spread the remaining rub on the other side of the steak. Allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Warm the tortillas by placing them on the grill for about 30 seconds, turning once. Wrap in a cloth napkin to keep warm.
- Grill the steak for 6 minutes on each side for medium rare, turning once.
- Remove the steak from the grill and allow to sit for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Slice into thin slices.
- Let guests make their own tacos or assemble and serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers.