If your garden is overflowing with tomatoes, you can blanch, peel, and throw them into the recipe.
Serves: 32Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 3 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cans (28 oz.) whole Italian plum tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 4 tsp. Splenda No-Calorie Sweetener
- 4 tsp. Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a large, heavy-bottomed pot. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and partially cover pot with a lid.
- Stirring occasionally, simmer for about 3 hours or until the sauce is reduced by one-half. Cool, jar for storage, and refrigerate. Chili sauce will keep for 3–4 weeks.