Chili-Spiced Hash Browns
These lightened hash browns are the perfect accompaniment to egg dishes served at brunch. The chili powder adds smooth, mellow heat. Feel free to add more if you want to dial up the spice.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 bag (15 oz.) hash browns
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and spray a rimmed baking sheet lightly with nonstick spray.
- Blot the hash browns between layers of paper towels and toss them together with the chili powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, olive oil, and egg.
- Place the baking sheet on the middle oven rack to preheat for 3 minutes. When hot, carefully remove it from the oven and spread the hash brown mixture evenly into the pan.
- Bake the hash browns until the top is browned and the edges are crispy, about 45 minutes.