Chilled Cucumber Mint Soup
For a hot summer day, nothing beats a cold soup; you don’t even have to cook this one! The two kinds of mint add a wonderful fresh flavor. Garnish the soup with whole mint leaves.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 3 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and seeded
- ⅓ cup chopped scallion
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups 1% milk
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 drops mint extract
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground white pepper
- Chop 1 cucumber and combine with all ingredients in blender or food processor. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Finely chop remaining cucumber and fold into the soup.
- Cover soup and chill for 3 hours before serving.