Chilled Cucumber Soup with Salmon
You can add a shot of cayenne pepper or hot pepper sauce if desired. Plan your schedule to allow some time for the soup to chill.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup sliced yellow onion
- 3 cups fish stock
- 3 cups diced cucumber
- 2 Tbsp. chopped dill
- 2 1⁄2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. salmon fillet
- 1⁄2 cup dill sprigs
- Combine the onions, fish stock, and cucumbers in a medium-sized saucepan and bring to a simmer over low heat. Cook for about 5 minutes, until the cucumbers are tender but not mushy. Transfer the mixture to a food processor fitted with a metal blade and process until smooth. Add the chopped dill and yogurt and pulse until just combined. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a bowl. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place salmon fillet on a foil-lined pan, skin-side down. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, until cooked but still pink inside, about 10 minutes.
- When ready to serve, flake the salmon and gently stir it into the soup. To serve, ladle the soup into chilled soup cups and garnish with dill sprigs.