Chilled Pea Soup
This chilled soup made with peas, mint, and yogurt is refreshing on a hot day.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 4 hoursDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, peeled and minced
- 1 package frozen baby peas (16 oz.)
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp. fresh mint leaves
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cups crushed ice
- 1 cup croutons
- In a stockpot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring often, for about 3 minutes or until tender. Add peas and cook, stirring often, for about 3 to 4 minutes longer.
- Add vegetable broth, salt, and pepper and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 4 to 5 minutes until peas are tender.
- Remove pan from heat. Add yogurt and mint leaves and puree using an immersion blender. Stir soup well, pour into serving pitcher, cover, and chill for 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, stir soup and pour into chilled cups. Serve with crushed ice and croutons in each cup.