Chilled Spicy Avocado Soup
Make this a satisfying vegetarian recipe by using vegetable broth in place of the chicken broth.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 4 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small white onion, diced
- ½ jalapeño, minced
- 3 large avocados, chopped
- 3 cups sugar-free chicken broth
- ¾ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups full fat coconut cream
- Heat olive oil in a small skillet. When oil is hot, add garlic, onion, and jalapeño and sauté until softened, 3–4 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Add chopped avocados to a blender with chicken broth, black pepper, lemon juice, coconut cream, and onion and garlic mixture. Blend until smooth
- Refrigerate until chilled, about 4 hours. Serve cool.