Chimichurri is a beloved sauce from Argentina and goes well over almost all types of protein.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup roughly chopped Italian parsley
- 4 sprigs fresh oregano
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 small serrano chili pepper, seeded and diced
- ½ Tbsp. grated lime zest
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ Tbsp. kosher salt
- ¼ Tbsp. ground black pepper
- In a food processor or blender, add the cilantro, parsley, oregano, garlic, serrano chili, lime zest and juice, honey, and red pepper flakes. Pulse several times to break down the herbs.
- Stream in the olive oil and blend until the items have fully incorporated. Season with salt and pepper. Sauce can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.