Chinese Chicken Corn Soup
If all you have on hand is regular canned corn, simply pour the can (including the liquid) into a food processor and chop it up for a few seconds.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (8¼ oz.) creamed corn
- 1 cup skinned, diced, and cooked chicken
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. cold water
- 2 egg whites
- 2 Tbsp. finely minced fresh parsley
- Combine the broth, corn, and chicken pieces in a large saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Whisk together the cornstarch and the cold water, then add it to the soup. Continue cooking, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- Beat the egg whites until foamy; stir into soup. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until foamy. Ladle soup into individual bowls and garnish with parsley. Serve hot.