With water chestnuts and sesame seeds, this coleslaw has a crunch to it that will wake up your palate!
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 5 cups Chinese cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- 1 can (8 oz.) sliced water chestnuts
- 2 Tbsp. toasted almonds, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. dark sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ cup wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- Toss veggies and almonds together.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oils, sugar, pepper, vinegar, and soy sauce. Pour dressing over slaw. Toss until well mixed.
- Refrigerate at least two 2 hours before serving. Toss at serving time.