Chinese Five-Spice Potatoes
An intriguing mix of sweet, sour, pungent, salty, and bitter, five-spice powder is an common ingredient in Chinese cuisine. Use this aromatic spice blend whenever you want to lend extra flavor to dry rubs and marinades for meat and poultry.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 3 baking potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 2 tsp. five-spice powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Wash the potatoes. Cut in half lengthwise, then crosswise into quarters. Cut each quarter in half.
- Combine the melted butter, five-spice powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Lay the potatoes on a baking sheet. Use a pastry brush to brush the potatoes with the seasoned butter mixture. Bake the potatoes until golden brown and tender, about 50 minutes.