Chinese Napa and Wonton Soup
You can use homemade or store-bought wontons for this recipe.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 24 filled wonton dumplings
- 6 cups chicken broth or stock
- 1⁄2 cup shredded napa cabbage
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the wonton dumplings, making sure there is enough room for them to move about freely. Boil for at least 5 minutes, until the wontons rise to the top and the filling is cooked through. Remove from the pot with a slotted spoon.
- Bring the stock to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the cabbage and cook until tender, about 30 minutes. Add the cooked wontons, salt, and pepper, and bring the soup back to a boil. Remove the pot from the heat and add the green onion.