Chinese Noodle Salad with Spicy Sesame Dressing
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 4 scallions, white and green parts sliced separately
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 2 small dried Asian chili peppers, minced
- 6 Tbsp. unseasoned rice vinegar
- 6 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. tahini
- ⅔ cup chicken stock
- 3 tsp. sesame oil, divided
- ¾ lb. Chinese egg noodles, cooked, drained, and rinsed in cold water
- 1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup julienned carrot
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- In a saucepan, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the white part of the scallions, garlic, ginger, and chilies and cook until the garlic is golden but not brown. Remove from the heat and add the vinegar, soy sauce, tahini, and chicken stock. Return to the heat and simmer, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add 2 teaspoons sesame oil and stir well. Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Place noodles in a large bowl and toss with remaining sesame oil to coat. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Add chicken and carrot to the cold noodles. Add the reserved sauce and toss well, gently turning all the noodles so that they are covered evenly. Transfer to a platter and top with sesame seeds and the greens of the scallions.