Chinese Pork Stuffed Mushrooms
Mushrooms absorb moisture quite readily. With the marinated pork stuffing and sauce, the mushrooms become plump, juicy, and moist when steamed.
Serves: 3Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 lb. ground pork
- 1⁄2 Tbsp. dark soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Chinese cooking wine
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. grated ginger, divided
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1⁄2 lightly-whisked large egg
- 12 large button mushroom caps
- 1 tsp. oyster sauce
- 1⁄2 tsp. brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place aluminum foil on a baking sheet.
- In a bowl, combine the pork with soy sauce, Chinese cooking wine, 1 teaspoon ginger, onions, sesame oil, salt, pepper, corn starch, and egg.
- Stuff the pork mixture into the mushroom caps and set aside on the baking sheet.
- In a separate bowl, mix the oyster sauce, remaining ginger, and brown sugar, into a sauce and ladle over the stuffed mushrooms.
- Bake mushrooms for about 30 minutes until the pork cooks through.