Chinese Sausage and Cabbage Stir-Fry
Shallot makes an interesting change from garlic and ginger in this simple recipe. Add mushrooms for a complete, one-dish meal.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. minced shallot
- 4 Chinese sausages (3 oz. each), diagonally sliced into bite-size pieces
- 6 large cabbage leaves, shredded
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp. Chinese rice wine
- 2 green onions, diagonally sliced
- Add the oil to a preheated wok or skillet. When the oil is hot, add the shallot and stir-fry briefly. Add the sausages. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes, then push the sausages up to the side of the wok.
- Add the cabbage. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and rice wine in the middle of the wok and bring to a boil.
- Simmer, covered, for 3–4 minutes; stir in the green onions, and serve hot.