Chinese-Style Beef Tenderloin
This is a unique way to serve tenderloin.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 Tbsp. soy sauce, divided
- 2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1½ lbs. filet mignon, cut into four thick steaks
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. button mushrooms, quartered
- Mix together 2 tablespoons soy sauce, the vinegar, ginger, and garlic. Brush it on the steaks and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil skillet over high heat until just smoking. Cook the steaks, without moving, for 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Turn steaks over and cook for 4 minutes longer for rare; 6 minutes for medium. Remove from skillet and let rest, tented with aluminum foil.
- While the steaks rest, add the mushrooms to the skillet and cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Deglaze the pan with remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce, and stir to scrape up brown bits. Serve mushrooms with steaks.