Chipotle Bacon Baked Beans
These easy and delicious beans make a wonderful side dish to take to a cookout or potluck dinner or to serve with any family meal.
Serves: 6Prep: 5 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 7 slices bacon, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cans baked beans
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons Tabasco Chipotle Sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Cook bacon in a skillet until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. When cool, crumble and set aside.
- Pour off all but 2 teaspoons of the bacon drippings, and cook onions in drippings about 3 minutes, until golden brown.
- Combine beans, chipotle sauce, brown sugar, onions and bacon in a casserole dish. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat in a 300°F oven for 30 minutes or in a covered pan over a low grill.