Chipotle Black Bean Breakfast Burrito
A zesty way to start the day: whole grain tortillas filled with scrambled eggs, bell pepper, green onions, MorningStar Farms® Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles™ and cheddar cheese.
Serves: 6Prep: 10 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups MorningStar Farms® Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles™
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 6 (8") whole grain tortillas, warmed
- 1⁄2 cup (2 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, combine black bean crumbles and water. Cook, covered, over medium heat for 3 minutes. Stir. Continue cooking, covered, about 3 minutes more or until heated through. If needed, remove lid and continue cooking until most of the liquid evaporates. Remove from skillet. Wipe skillet out with paper towel.
- In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, milk, black pepper and salt.
- In the same skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture. Cook, without stirring, until mixture begins to set on the bottom and around edges. Using a spatula, lift and fold the partially cook egg mixture so the uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until egg mixture is cooked through. Remove from heat.
- Gently fold in crumbles, bell pepper and green onions.
- Spoon about ⅔ cup of the egg mixture onto each tortilla. Top with cheese. Fold bottom edge of each tortilla up and over filling. Fold in opposite sides. Serve immediately.