Deep chocolate, cinnamon, and smoky chipotle add a south-of-the-border twist to these brownies. Adjust the chipotle to suit your own tastes, but be careful—it is hot.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¾ tsp. ground chipotle pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease 9" × 9" pan.
- Melt butter and chocolates in microwave, stirring often. Cool. Beat sugars and eggs into melted chocolate mixture. Blend in remaining ingredients.
- Spoon into prepared pan; bake 30–35 minutes, or until center is set. Cool completely and cut into squares.