Chipotle Chicken Noodle Soup
This spicy, Tex-Mex inspired noodle soup is a fresh take on the old classic. If you like it extra spicy feel free to add some extra hot sauce!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo, chopped
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 can (11 oz.) vacuum packed sweet corn
- 1 can (10 oz.) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 6 cups water
- 1 lb. wide egg noodles
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Heat oil in a 6- or 8-quart Dutch oven or soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, and carrot and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add the chipotle, cumin, and smoked paprika and cook for 3 minutes, then stir in the chicken, corn, and tomatoes.
- Add the chicken stock and water and bring to a boil. Add the noodles and cook until tender, about 8-10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.