Chipotle Chicken Quiche
Chipotle chilies are smoked jalapeños. Packed in adobo sauce, this condiment packs a wicked punch of heat and flavor.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 2 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, drained
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup light cream
- ½ cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1½ cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 Tbsp. adobo sauce
- 1 pie crust (10"), unbaked
- 2 Tbsp. grated Cotija cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook for 3 minutes.
- Add red bell pepper and chicken breasts; cook and stir until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 6 to 7 minutes. Mince chilies and add to chicken mixture; remove from heat.
- In medium bowl, beat together eggs, cream, tortilla chips, pepper jack cheese, and adobo sauce.
- Place chicken mixture in bottom of pie crust. Pour egg mixture over all and sprinkle with Cotija cheese. Bake for 60 minutes until quiche is puffed, golden brown, and set. Let stand 5 minutes and cut into slices to serve.