Chipotle Chocolate Pixies
The chipotle adds a smoky, slow burn to these cookies that many people find pleasant. If you don’t like the heat, you can leave out the chipotle for a fantastic pixie cookie.
Makes: 48Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 3⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 3⁄4 cup Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa
- 1⁄2 tsp. chipotle powder
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Cream butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa, and chipotle together; blend into butter mixture. Cover tightly; chill at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Lightly grease 2 large sheets.
- Using a teaspoon to measure, roll dough into balls. Roll in confectioners’ sugar to coat thoroughly. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes. Cool completely.